Friday 18 May 2012

Mads by the Bay

Oh hey, yes this is my blog from my European travels last summer, but you all are in for a real treat. I will now be posting about my interior design internship this summer! So to start with I am interning with IA Interior Architects http://interiorarchitects.com/ check em out! They do amazing commercial interiors, and will soon be coming out with a mobile site for those of you viewing on your smart phones.

Basically from the get go I wanted to intern at IA, and decided the San Francisco office (also the headquarters) would be my target goal. I really would have accepted anywhere they needed an intern since I love their firm. After several weeks of contact, getting my portfolio passed around, and actually no formal interview, I was offered the internship in SF. I was THRILLED to say the least. I believe it was finals week and when I got off the phone I screamed and jumped with joy, and embarrassed to say I even started shaking. But hey this is the internship of my dreams we are talking about. After I figured I had bothered my roommates enough with all the commotion, I went outside to celebrate some more and call to tell my parents the good news. My neighbors happened to be studying for finals with their windows open...oops haha I must have been so annoying that day because in casual conversation with my roommates I would randomly say, "Ahhh I am just so happy!"

Once the shock of getting the exact internship I had hoped for wore off I realized I needed to arrange to stay with my Aunt and Uncle in the East Bay, since my internship started in a little over a week!!! Eeek! I seriously had to pack to move home, and then right when I got there start to pack for my internship. I left a few days early so I could get settled in. My mom and I drove so I could have a car up in Cali. On the way we stopped and ate at this lil place off of Diners, Dives, and Drive-ins in Reno. Pretty funky/westerny/tacky but great Eggs Benedict.


After the long painful ride we went out for dinner in Brentwood, the town where I am staying, then went to bed to rest for my visit to the city the next day. More on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment