Saturday 19 May 2012

Test Run Just For Fun

The weekend before my internship began I went into the city with my mom and Aunt Renee to get used to the commute and streets I would have to know. First I take my drive to the closest BART station which is Pittsburg/Bay Point and then ride the train the rest of the way. I get off at the first stop in SF, Embarcadero, and it is really close to the office so the walk wasn't bad. We managed to get a little lost even though we were so close, but I'm so used to getting lost I just expect it when going new places. Once we were situated we walked to my building, which is the Union Bank building. The office is on the 15th floor in the financial district so we are surrounded by bank buildings.

After I introduced myself to the security guard and receptionist it was time to shop of course! Found some great internship type clothes, by the way the Ross in the city is huge! They also have tons of Calvin Klein dresses which made me very happy :) Next was lunch at a tiny place called Bangkok Noodles or something like that. It was really good and hopefully I go there again. It was weird because in the bathroom they used these awful fluorescent lights that were way too blue of a color that when combined with the graffiti walls felt really creepy. All in all it was a great day and actually warm which was surprising since everyone said how cold the city would be and I happened to show up on the perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment